تآبا
یک ایرانی
2/10/2006
Cartoons, cartoons and cartoons
Cartoons have been the hot topic at work these days and since Wellington based newspaper "Dominion post" had actually published them all, nowadays Wellingtonians feel even more globalise and they perceive themselves as people whom actually have a role to play in this messed out world. It is funny how people become master debaters over night.

Anyway, discussion was hot and I was not interrupting at all, not even a word. I rather listen and enjoy, 'Coz regardless of what I say my thoughts will be viewed biased due were I hailed from (Iran). Surprisingly some had valid points and it was great to see that in this society the attitude is changing and people are brightening up (Is it because of the labour lead government?? Because I'm sure NZ wouldn't be anything but a Yanks puppet if "National" won the election last year).

Anyway the conversation progressed and people were yapping pro and anti so called "freedom of speech" and that is when I felt like I should say a word or two and contribute. I just said three words and that was "F#@k You All". Surprisingly all burst out laughing thinking it is one of those moments when I am busy with something and the background noise is bugging me and disrupting my concentration. Then I repeated myself saying "No, honestly, F#@k You All, this is freedom of speech isn't it?" And that's when some got the point and some other gave me the look .I actually managed to get a couple of middle fingers rose in my face.

I explained myself further that I absolutely don't give a damn and frankly wasn't much offended by the cartoons and all the crap, I mean at the end of the day I have no religion which means I have minimised the chance of being offended.
But I yapped on further about how I see the difference between "Freedom of Speech" and "Defamation" . And no responsible citizen has the right to defame others and the defamed one shouldn't go out in the street barking and setting things on fire and capturing embassies and all the rest of it. I mean after all we all have to live side by side and respect our individuality.

I better stop now.
advanced web statistics
Stats